Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Removing Tarnish from my Tiffanys Necklace

I've noticed that my Tiffanys chain isn't as polished as it could be as of late.  It's been looking a little black & dull.  My bf gave it to me several years ago and I basically wear it 365 days of the year so replacing it wasn't really an option which is what I normally would do when I get frustrated.  I've tried everything from the polishing agents you can buy at the department store to the polishing cloths straight from Tiffanys and their polish.  While it works, I could never polish the nooks & crannies & overall was never happy with how it looked.  I've paid for Tiffanys to clean it and it comes out amazing but spending $20+ to get it cleaned feels like a rip off.

Google gave me this link and I just tried it.  You can read about the science of it here.  All you need is some hot water, aluminum foil and baking soda so what did I have to loose by trying it.  Well if you are looking to remove tarnish from your jewelry, try this!  It's practically free since you likely have the items in your kitchen and it worked super awesome.  My chain looks like how it did when I first bought it.  I did have to do it a few times to get all the tarnish off but it was pretty easy to do. Now it's ready to be worn another 365 days :)

0 comments: