Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Redken Hot Sets 22 Thermal Setting Mist - Love

Here's the deal.  I have crazy curly hair.  I used to hate it but I've learned to love it like that crazy step sister you learn to love over the years.  In university my routine was often sitting in front of the TV after a shower and straightening the hell outta my hair while watching some late night talk shows... Now, I can't be bothered and straighten it maybe once a month and leave it curly/wavy whatever you want to call it the rest of the time.  The thing is I like the side bangs/waved look in the front with curly hair but I've had the hardest time making it work on my hair because after a few hours, the bangs portion of my hair would fall flat after styling it. 

I've tried different gels, hairsprays, serums, ect and nothing worked.  It'd look great right after but would eventually fall flat and too much of it would make my hair stiff to touch.  I was at Trade Secrets last week and randomly stopped by to ask if they had any suggestions and they told me to try Redkens Hot Sets 22 Thermal Setting Mist (say that five times fast!) and I figured I had nothing to loose.  Well I tried it this morning & can I say I love it!  It's a little wierd...after I sprayed my bangs it felt sticky and I was hesitant to style it like that but I still did and the wave has stayed in my hair the whole day.  I tried to take a picture of my bang area at the end of the day and this is what it looks like.  Keep in mind I wasn't trying to curl my hair.  I just wanted it nicely waving in the front and framing my face and it held that look.


2 comments:

Jenn A. said...

I took a hair class when I was in school and my teacher recommended this product. I have yet to pick it up. I don't know what I'm waiting for. I've got curly hair too, though I straighten it most of the time. I don't know why I do that though, letting it go curly is so much less work.

Rags2Riches said...

I used to straighten ever day but I've weaned off and maybe leave it curly half the time I go out.