Sunday, October 11, 2009

Waistline struggles

So I gained weight when I went on my trip earlier this summer. 10lbs in fact! The thing was, I figured I went a little out of control on the trip and that everything would go back to normal shortly after returning. Well the truth is, I've been struggling and I am not entirely sure why!

I went back to my old routine of doing yoga and eating normal meals instead of the pigging out I was doing on the trip yet nothing happened. In fact, I just checked my weight and I gained another 5lbs! I knew it was bad when I put on my jeans yesterday and I was uncomfortable because it was so tight. These are jeans that I've fit into for years. I still fit into them but I now have this lovely muffin top thing happening where I have fat sticking out over the jeans. Not a pretty sight!

So I've decided that by Christmas time, I want to loose 5lbs. My stretch goal is to loose 10lbs. It may not seem like a lot but it makes a huge difference on my body. Remember what Hillary Duff looked like with 15 extra pounds. Well she's like my body twin and I can tell you it makes huge difference.

How am I going to do this? I want to add one additional workout per week on top of what I am doing till I get to where I want to be. I also want to try being healthier. I am semi healthy in that I get my intake of veggies & whatnot. However, I can't say no to indulgences i.e. cake, chips...you name it. It's unrealistic for me to say that I'll be strict and not eat any of these things but the key for me will be eating it in moderation.

0 comments: