Friday, July 24, 2009

Selling dresses online

I buy dresses with good intentions. I figure I'll wear them eventually but realistically there are only a few months of the year I can wear them. Even then, except for the casual cottony dresses, I feel like I am trying too hard wearing a dress. Inevitably what happens is, these dresses end up sitting in my closet for years being neglected. So I decided to see if I could sell them, even some that are completely brand new. If I can get back close to what I paid for the new dresses, then awesome or else half will return to my closet and other other half will be off to the salvation army.

I've gone through my dresses purchased over the last few years, taken pictures of about 15 dresses and uploaded them online. The thing is, I am not sure where to put them up. Craigslist? Ebay? Blog? Does anybody have any tips for selling clothes or is this something I shouldn't bother with?

Anyhoos, if they don't sell, then no loss and I actually rediscovered some favorites I had forgotten about! I guess I am trying not to get my hopes up.

0 comments: