Friday, July 31, 2009

It's the long weekend!

I also took today off in addition to the Monday we're getting of for a nice relaxing 4 day weekend. Take that! Despite not having crazy plans like going to a cottage or Las Vegas, I feel productive. Today, I met with some people, am making a move on changes in my life (hopefully I'll write more about that later), went to the mall and didn't buy a thing. Actually I purchased some mall sushi for lunch but I've been doing a million things lately, I felt like I deserved a treat and better that than a coach bag. Seriously there was a Coach store and I was tempted to walk in and possibly walk out with a purse.

Sometimes I tell myself that if I accomplish a goal I can reward myself to motivate me to get my ass into gear for that goal. i.e. Loose 20lbs and you can buy yourself earrings. I know some psychiatrist out there would tell me this is bad & blah, blah, blah but it works and I have no problems doing it. In fact, when I was a kid my parents would give me money or treat me to food if I scored As in school. Maybe that's where I got it from.

0 comments: