Monday, June 22, 2009

Do I have a cavity?

First let me say that I am not a fan of dentists....or doctors for that matter. I guess basically anybody that can inflict pain on you.

I have never had a cavity in my life and I try to keep it that way because of my fear of dentists. I wore braces when I was younger and that wasn't exactly the most pleasant experience. Originally I was supposed to wear it for 2 years max however I ended up wearing it for 3 maybe even 4 years. I don't quite remember.

I brush twice a day & sometimes even three times a day. However I do not floss which I know I should be doing on a regular basis. So over the last few days when I brush my teeth, there's this one damned tooth that stings a little. I also notice that little stinging sensation when I drink cold water. I am wondering if I have got a sensitive tooth or a cavity :( I am going to switch over to Sensodyne and see what that brings me. Hopefully it will go away and I can live happily ever after without having to make a dentist appointment soon.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

You really just need to go to the dentist. Even if it is nothing, wouldn't you be happier knowing that?

The worst thing you can do is avoid going to the dentist at least once a year. It's not pleasant, but how fun do you think root canals and abcesses are going to be later on?

Try the sensitive toothpaste, but definitely get thee to a dentist! My sensitivity was the result of grinding my teeth. All I needed was a night guard and it went away! Thank goodness my dentist knew what was happening!

Avoiding your problems and fears is never the way to go.

Rags2Riches said...

You know what. What you say makes a lot of sense. Normally I am a pretty logical person but sometimes I need someone to knock some sense into me.

But just to clarify I do go get regular cleanings once a year despite my fear of dentists so I figured I'd just push this off till then.

But after reading your comment & realizing how silly I am being, I am going to call up my dentist tomorrow & see when they I can come in.