Friday, January 9, 2009

Wovel!


Say that 5 times fast! I saw this on CTV news yesterday. It's a wheel & a shovel combined into one, aka genius. According to the website, it was Times Magazines' best invention of 2006. Who can argue with reputable Times. They did a demo & it seemed easy enough to use. I mean off course there's an initial adjustment period and the looking silly factor. But once you're over both, it's smooth sailing. It makes use of leverage. Remember Physics class lessons on the seesaws...well this works similarly.

You finish shoveling faster & also don't kill your back in the process. Why hasn't this thing caught on yet then? I think it may have to do with the $100+ price tag attached to it. I mean if it was under $50, I think I'd seriously consider purchasing one. But @ the current price, I'll have to do it the old fashioned way. Blood, sweat & tears...lots of tears.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks interesting.. but it wouldn't hold up to Montreal snow. That's for sure!! LOL

Fabulously Broke in the City
Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver...