Monday, January 5, 2009

Ugh, I think I might need to update my budget

So a few weeks ago I was all gung ho & created a budget. Looking @ it, reality is hitting me that perhaps I was too optimistic when setting it. I am already @ almost 60% of the monthly budget & it's only Jan 6th!! I mean I was keen & started tracking things from the last week of December as opposed to actually starting in January. In retrospect, that was definitely a bad idea considering my big birthday gift purchase for a friend that was higher than expected and as a result has already maxed out my misc category. I think perhaps the best is to budget a $10-$20 gift allotment.

I told the boy about my budgeting for 2009 & he was impressed. He however laughed @ my clothes budget. He thinks there's no way I can do that. Considering I'd easily spend $50-$100/month before. I realize it's aggressive but I am motivated to do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I separate clothing and gifts because I like knowing where exactly each expense went....

Anonymous said...

yeah I think I need to revisit the budget soon. I think I'll give myself Jan & Feb to see how I do & tweak it after.