Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mid month budget check

Reviewing the budget I had set for myself at the start of the year, I have spent about 60% of what I had budgeted for Jan'09 already. Let's see how I've done

  • Clothes & beauty: Surpsingly on target with nothing too expensive I am lemming to buy!
  • Eating out: Already @ 90% with 3 dinners scheduled for next week! So definitely going over. Think when I adjust the budget at the end of this month, this area will unfortunately have to be upped.
  • Entertainment: I have not entertained myself this month! The biggest factor is that it's cold out there & I am a major homebody when it's cold. This is good because I can save this for when it gets warmer.
  • Gas: On track.
  • Groceries: I think I might be going over on this one as I am a little low on food at the moment.
  • Misc: Gift purchase from end of December killed this one --> Reiterating that I need to add in a gift category next month.
I don't for see any big expenditures for the rest of Jan so hopefully I don't falter over the next two weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just feel myself being drawn towards the great indie jewelery shops in Ontario as the day for my coming back draws closer.

I am soooo going over budget. For sure.

Fabulously Broke in the City

"Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver."

Anonymous said...

Ugh... I too seem to think that I can get away without gifts in the budget, but then they just sneak in there somehow. Even crazier, I tried to go without a clothing budget last month! HAAAAAAHAHA! Lesson learned...