Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Keeping up with the Jones

Or in my case, perhaps I should call it 'the Jackies'. There is a girl @ work, same age as me & same position yet we are worlds apart financially & I shouldn't but I am definitely a little envious. Her parents bought her a house and she practically wears designer everything. Almost every single day! & lots of it! Meaning she has a full wardrobe of this stuff as opposed to one or designer piece that she just wears often.

Me on the other hand would love a house but can't afford the down payment. I also have a few (very few) expensive pieces but no where near the level that she does. I know I shouldn't compare as we have totally different circumstances. I am paying for myself & she is not but it's hard sitting across the table looking @ her when you are the same age.

I am definitely happy where I am financially. No debt, having some savings & a steady income is something but I can't help but wonder what it'd be like in her shoes to not worry about saving & spending extravagantly.

Damn being human....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get super jealous too. Don't worry.

It eats all of us.

Fabulously Broke in the City

"Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver."

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same situation at work. Almost exactly the same. We even have the same birthweek and blonde hair (though she dyes hers--ha!)

It just burns me so much when I see her with everything handed to her on a platter, while I have to work for it.

Like you, I'm happy where I'm at, and I'm in a considerably better place than most people my age. But we can't help comparing ourselves to those that seem to have more than we do.