Saturday, September 6, 2008

So one, I have too much time on my hands and second, I am determined to save money & get all those elusive things such as a house, sunny vacations, that designer bag, mac makeup and retire comfortably. Well things may not pan out as hoped but those are some of my goals. Vain!? Call it whatever you want but this is me & I figure posting some thoughts online will help me stay on track.

Here are my stats as it is:
  • 26 year old girl
  • Graduated from university last year with a hefty OSAP loan (~$30K)
  • Paid it all off (saved every penny from internship & was able to pay it off before interest kicked in)
  • As a result I am in a good position of having no debt
  • Doing that 9-5 routine to pay the bills & save
  • Started investing as of 2 months ago. Some will say this is early but I still wished I had picked this up earlier.
So yes I graduated from university last summer and left wide eyed with a job I started after taking a few weeks vacation to celebrate graduating. Awesome right? Yes but then the reality of being an adult kicked in. Work, health plan, retirement plans, should I rent now questions and all those other dreary things you pushed off for as long as possible set it. Things I never thought about or even really had any knowledge about before all of this.

And so this is where I am in life. Suddenly realizing I am adult & need to start thinking long term. When I was in school, it was about that next exam which was a few weeks down the road. Now it is about buying that car, getting that house and other things which are possibly years down the road :S

0 comments: